Saturday, September 14, 2019

National Rice Month (September)


There are a lot of ways to cook with rice. Rice is a cheap and filling staple to any diet!

Here is my Orange Rice Pudding you should try!

Ingredients needed:

3 Large Oranges
2 cups of rice
2 cups of sugar
2 1/4 cups of water
1/2 cup of Orange Zest
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup of sweetened condensed milk (can substitute with just milk)
1/2 teaspoon orange extract (can substitute with vanilla)
a Dash of Nutmeg
Real thin Orange slice to garnish the top with (optional)



It's very simple to make.

I pureed three oranges and cooked them with 2 cups of rice and a cup of sugar and 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of orange zest (thinly grated orange peel) and a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Then when the rice was done, I added another cup of sugar, a cup of milk (you can use sweetened condensed milk if you like...would probably taste better) and a tablespoon of butter and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.

I cooked it down until it was thickened with more rice than liquid, stirring constantly to keep it from burning.

I poured the pudding into Martini glasses (You can use cups or small bowls) and I garnished the top with a sprinkle of nutmeg. (You can also place a thin slice of Orange on top for decoration).

Then I cooled it in the fridge. Delicious!

If you need vanilla or orange extracts, cinnamon and nutmeg, you can visit my Watkins site and buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!