Saturday, April 6, 2019

Charlie the Tuna Day (April 6)



Funny Story:

I have rented my extra bedrooms out to a couple of old guys on Social Security. One of them is legally blind.

One day, he decided to make some Mexican Chicken and Rice. He told me what he was going to make. I asked him, "Do we have chicken?"

He said, "Oh, yeah. We got lots of Chicken in the cans up here," (Pointing at the cabinet).

I didn't remember buying any chicken in cans. I thought I had bought a case of canned Tuna. He was insistent, so I assumed I must have made a mistake.

When the meal was fixed, I realized it tasted kind of fishy. I asked him, "Are you SURE that was chicken and not tuna?"

He said, "The can said 'Chicken'"

The other old guy that rents from me is allergic to fish of any kind. So, as he was going to get his plate, I asked again, "It tastes like fish, are you SURE it didn't say 'Chicken of the Sea'?"

My legally blind housemate went and got the can. "See, it says Chicken!" And, it did say "Chicken" in big letters that he could read. But, in smaller letters he couldn't see, it said, "of the sea."

My allergic housemate thanked me for pressing the issue before he got any of it, and we all had a good laugh, and some interesting Mexican style tuna and rice.

Click HERE to Find out what Charlie has been up to these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!